DISABLED ACCESS & FACILITIES
It’s really important to us that everybody enjoys Oktoberfest and we do as much as we can to assist our disabled visitors.
The Park can be accessed easily by wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. However, the Park is predominantly a natural environment and so uneven surfaces and changes in levels are inevitable away from the built environment and hard paths. Our guests’ safety is our prime concern and as such, River Dart Country Park reserves the right to refuse admission to an activity or facility if they feel that your safety or the safety of others maybe at risk. Some of the activities are not suitable for all forms of disability.
However, Park staff will endeavour to accommodate disabled guests whenever it is safe to do so. Most of the activities are clearly visible and we recommend that you observe their operation before queuing or ask a warden for advice.
Paths and access ways are designed and built to be wide and level or slightly sloping, with hard surfacing wherever possible or appropriate. Large print is used wherever possible and appropriate. Lower case text is used as much as possible.
Restaurant and picnic tables are designed to accommodate wheelchair users.
Catering ingredients are available and staff will make special preparations i.e. cut up / liquidise.
For information on the River Dart Country Parks facilities please click here.
Disabled parking is available, please ask a member of staff for directions on arrival. To park in the disabled parking area, visitors must present a legitimate disabled parking permit in the window of their vehicle. Spaces cannot be pre booked and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Many of the toilet facilities around the Park also incorporate baby changing areas and lowered hand wash basins. Toilets for disabled guests are available at the following locations:
• Near reception, opposite path to Old Sawmill Café bar.
• Woodlands amenity block & family bathroom
• Meadows amenity block.
• Picnic Meadows amenity block
• Toilet block beside Oasis.
Assistance dogs are welcome:
All Assistance / Guide dogs are welcome at Oktoberfest.
We do offer a number of disabled camping pitches. Visitors must present a legitimate disabled parking permit in the window of their vehicle.
Disabled camping pitches must be booked in advance. To reserve your space please contact us via email - email@example.com
Free Access for Carers:
All disabled customers visiting Oktoberfest are entitled to bring one carer free of charge. This must be organised prior to the event, as all carers require a ticket to gain entry.
To book a free carer ticket please purchase your ticket to the event first and then send proof of disability to firstname.lastname@example.org
When requesting a free carer ticket please make sure you include your Full Name, the email address you used to book your tickets with and the booking reference number.
· Customers requesting free carer tickets are required to provide an original copy of any of the following:
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of disability living allowance
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of mobility allowance
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of attendance allowance
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of severe disablement allowance
· Confirmation that you are in receipt of the standard or advance rate of Personal independence payment (PIP)
· Certification of being registered blind or partially sighted
· A personal letter of support from your hospital specialist (dated within the last two months)
The Organisers reserve the right to check a person's eligibility under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
Should you have any queries regarding the access and facilities at the event, please feel free to email us email@example.com