NEXT OKTOBERFEST - 4th/5th/6th October 2013 back at
THE RIVER DART COUNTRY PARK, ASHBURTON, DEVON.
GET READY FOR OKTOBERFEST 2013
With the show season getting into full swing, we're putting together our plans for another great weekend at this fantastic (not to mention beautiful) activity park. For those who came last year, you know what a special place this is.
Oktoberfest is quite unique - this is not a VW show in the established sense.
We're lining up some quality entertainment, a small trade presence, special camping awards, no show and shine, but plenty of activities and fun with all your best VW buddies.
Oktoberfest is a pre-book only show - no camping pitches will be available on the gate (although extra passengers are welcome to pay on arrival). This show sells out quickly so, to make sure you don't miss out, here's what you need to do.
- Tickets will be on sale initially at Bristol Volksfest 7,8,9 June and then available online through the website the following week (keep an eye on this website from Monday 10th June).
- Prices: Adults £27ea, Children (aged 5-12) £5ea, Children (aged 13-16) £11ea. Extra nights available on Thursday 3rd and Sunday 6th at only £14 per pitch per night. Limited number of electric hookups available on request (£5 per hookup).
- CLUBS: email us to let us know how many pitches you'll require. We'll then set aside that number but we can do this ONLY UNTIL demand means we need to allocate them. Unfortunately, we can't hold onto club pitches indefinitely. Make sure your members know to include the club name in their application.
- IF YOU WANT TO CAMP TOGETHER, you'll need to BOOK TOGETHER. We always try to do our best to make sure you're with your friends, but we can't guarantee to do this if you book days or weeks apart. Just make sure you enter the name of your group when you book.
- We expect this show to sell out very quickly, so take a leaf out of the Scout's book and be prepared.
Rumour has it that this year's fancy dress theme is Spoktoberfest - beam me up, Scotty!
|Can't wait til October? Click on the link.|
Without exception, the feedback we've received confirmed what we thought - that you're more than happy with the move to The River Dart Country Park and we're very pleased to say that we'll be back there in 2013.
As you'll see from our photo album, a great time was had and the facilities of the park were well used and loved and you did us and yourselves proud with the effort that went in to the Scottish Halloween costumes. Bring on Oktoberfest 2013! If you didn't come, check out the YouTube link below.
If you've got any questions about Oktoberfest, past, present or future, please email us. Speaking of that - The Past and The Present walked into a pub - it was Tense!
Also, if you've any suggestions for our campsite awards please drop us a line. A couple of ideas put forward so far include Best Night Camp, Best Day Camp and The Honkiest Horn. These will go alongside our other awards from this year but we'd love to include more. Similarly, as you know, we like to put a twist on our Halloween Party so if you have an idea for a theme, just let us know. So far, it's looking like Spoktoberfest (as in Star Trek) but we're always open to suggestions.